Have you given a Power of attorney to someone you know? And later due to some reason you don’t want to continue the granting of power to the Attorney, or in situations where the Attorney is not ready to continue with the power granted by you, what should you do?

A Power of Attorney deed is always registered and made legal through proper stamp duty and registration process. Hence as long as the deed remains in the hands of the Attorney he is legally entitled to enjoy the powers granted in the deed. And the principal cannot cancel it orally. Cancellation of Power of Attorney is also known as Revocation of Power of Attorney in the legal language.

To revoke or cancel the Power of Attorney granted by the Principal and if registered, the same Principal (the person who granted the power) has to draft yet another Revocation Deed expressing his intention to cancel the earlier deed with effect from a particular date.

Revocation Deed is to be drafted in a proper format on a stamp paper of due value and has to be presented to the Registrar or sub- Registrar office where the earlier deed was registered. The Revocation Deed also has to be registered if the earlier Power of Attorney deed was registered.

You also have to send a written notice to the person to whom the power was granted, that is the Attorney, mentioning the cancellation of the deed from the date of notice. Otherwise if the Attorney comes to know of your intention before the notice is given to him, he may opt to do some mischief in case he has any crooked ideas.

If the Power of Attorney is not registered like the case of Special power of Attorney, where it is just made on a plain paper, and notarised, then a written notice to the Attorney mentioning the cancellation is enough.
What should be included in the deed?

The Revocation Deed should include the following:

    The name of the Principal (the person who granted his powers to the Attorney) in the same spelling and format as in the earlier deed.
    The date of the Power of Attorney deed that is now being cancelled.
    The name of the Attorney in whose favour the power was granted in the earlier deed.
    The date of the revocation or cancellation.

You can also elaborate on the nature of power that was given and the reason to revoke etc. though these are not mandatory.

Name : Ramesha B M

Law Firm Name : Ramesh and Ramesh Law associate

Country : India

City : Bangalore


Practicing Since: 2013

About Your Firm : Practicing in civil case, criminal, family, real estate, land dispute cases and all types of registration

Manpower/Employee Details

Sr Employee Associated Sr Employee Enrollment/Regno Sr Employee Enrollment/Regno/State
Ramesh 1398/13 Karnataka
Jr Employee Associated Jr Employee Enrollment/Regno Jr Employee Enrollment/Regno/State
Shashikanth, Ramesh, Gurunath, Lokesh

 Legal & Revenue

  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Plots )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Apartment )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Independent House )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Agriculture Land )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Commercial Property )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Revenue/Other Site )
  Affidavits ( Name & Address Affidavits )
  Affidavits ( Personal Affidavits )
  Affidavits ( Student Affidavits )
  Affidavits ( Passport Affidavits )
  Affidavits ( Gas Affidavits )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Documents Inspection in Builder Office )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Fraud & forgery Inspection )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Plot/Site Insepction )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( House/Apartment Inspection )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Documents Inspection in Govt Office )
  Registration Assistance ( Revenue/Other Site )
  Registration Assistance ( Plot )
  Registration Assistance ( Apartment )
  Registration Assistance ( Villas )
  Registration Assistance ( Independent House )
  Registration Assistance ( Agriculture Land )
  Registration Assistance ( Commercial Property )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Exchange Deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Agreement of Sale )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Release Deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Construction Agreement )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Partition Deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Sale deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Memorandum of Understanding )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Gift Deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Joint Development Agreement )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Rectification Deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Sale Agreement/Deed Review )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Relinquishment deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Construction Agreement Review )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Mortgage Deed )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( House Rental agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Commercial Office Rental Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Commercial Shop Rental Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Commercial Lease Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Residential Lease Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Apartment Rental Agreement )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Pahani/RTC )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Duplicate/Certified copy of sale deed )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Certified copy of revenue document )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Certified copy of registered GPA/SPA )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Certified copy of registered documents )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Encumbrance Certificate )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Khata Transfer )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Khata Extract )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Khata Certificate )
  Power of Attorneys ( Revoke/cancel Power of Attorney )
  Power of Attorneys ( General Power of Attorney )
  Power of Attorneys ( Special Power of Attorney )
  Wills ( Make A will )
  Consultation on Property ( Property Buying )
  Consultation on Property ( Property Selling )
  Notary & Attestation Services ( Get A Document Notarised )
  Franking ( Document Franking )
  e-stamp paper ( Get E-stamp paper )

 Legal & Revenue - Builders

  Power of Attorneys ( Drafting General Power of Attorney )
  Power of Attorneys ( Drafting Special Power of Attorney )
  Procure Specific Property Document(s) ( RTC )
  Procure Specific Property Document(s) ( Mutation )
  Procure Specific Property Document(s) ( Cerified copy of sale deed )
  Procure Specific Property Document(s) ( Certified copy of revenue document )
  Procure Specific Property Document(s) ( Certified copy of registered GPA/SPA )
  Procure Specific Property Document(s) ( Certified copy of registered documents )
  Procure Specific Property Document(s) ( Encumbrance Certificate )
  Procure Specific Property Document(s) ( Khata / Khata Extract )
  Procure Specific Property Document(s) ( Khata Certificate/Transfer )
  Agreements/Deeds(Bulk) ( Agreement of Sale )
  Agreements/Deeds(Bulk) ( Agreement of Sale with GPA & Possession )
  Agreements/Deeds(Bulk) ( Construction Agreement )
  Agreements/Deeds(Bulk) ( Memorandum of Understanding )
  Agreements/Deeds(Bulk) ( Joint Development Agreement )

 NRI Legal

  Landlord Tenant Disputes ( Landlord Tenant Disputes )
  Property Disputes ( Illegal Sale of Land And Property )
  Property Disputes ( Illegal Transfer of Land And Property )
  Property Disputes ( Illegal occupation of Land and Property )

No Answers Found