Succession Certificate is a document which is issued by the court specifically for claiming movable properties by the successors of the deceased person. Mostly Banks don't release funds or FDs without a Succession certificate granted to the successor. It is applied for movable assets like bank deposits, FDs etc. It is issued by a civil court to the legal heirs of the deceased person. If a person dies 'intestate', (without leaving a Will) a succession certificate can be granted by the Civil Court to release the debts and securities of the deceased person. It establishes the legitimacy of the heirs of the deceased and gives them the authority to get the deposits and other assets transferred in their own names. It is issued on the basis of the applicable laws of inheritance on an application filed by the beneficiaries in court of relevant jurisdiction.

Anything related to property disputes doesn't just end with information on land or buying / selling.

The dilemma

    Even if an overseas citizen were to know details about land that he thinks belongs to him, in many cases he finds himself in a situation where either parent or an uncle / aunt has died without making a legal will.
    Just knowing that a piece of land is his cannot help much - proper documentation is needed to assert a claim.
    There are rules that determine the manner in which property of the deceased is passed on to the heirs.
    It is not easy for him to understand how to get legal heir certificates.

The solution

    The first step for any beneficiary is to file for a 'Succession Certificate' in the same court within whose jurisdiction the deceased person resided, to inherit the assets of the deceased or even get them transferred in his name.
    The Succession Certificate procedure implies that the court grants a document/certificate to establish the authenticity of the petitioner and gives him the authority to have the assets transferred in his name-along with the authority, the beneficiary will also carry with him the full responsibility and liability of honoring any debt or security attached to that particular property.
    For any application made by a beneficiary to a court of competent jurisdiction, the Succession Certificate procedures for immovable property in all the cases is issued as per the applicable laws of inheritance.

Name : Vijyant Nigam

Law Firm Name : Streak Legals

Country : India

City : Lucknow


Practicing Since: 2002

About Your Firm : Working in the legal field, conveyancing, litigation, drafting, vetting, agreements, MOUs, Contract, Registration, Notaries

Manpower/Employee Details

Sr Employee Associated Sr Employee Enrollment/Regno Sr Employee Enrollment/Regno/State
Vijyant Nigam 9809/2002 Bar Council Of Uttar PRadesh
Jr Employee Associated Jr Employee Enrollment/Regno Jr Employee Enrollment/Regno/State

 Legal & Revenue

  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Villas )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Independent House )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Agriculture Land )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Commercial Property )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Revenue/Other Site )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Plots )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Apartment )
  Affidavits ( Name & Address Affidavits )
  Affidavits ( Personal Affidavits )
  Affidavits ( Student Affidavits )
  Affidavits ( Passport Affidavits )
  Affidavits ( Gas Affidavits )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Plot/Site Insepction )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( House/Apartment Inspection )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Documents Inspection in Govt Office )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Documents Inspection in Builder Office )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Fraud & forgery Inspection )
  Registration Assistance ( Commercial Property )
  Registration Assistance ( Revenue/Other Site )
  Registration Assistance ( Plot )
  Registration Assistance ( Apartment )
  Registration Assistance ( Villas )
  Registration Assistance ( Independent House )
  Registration Assistance ( Agriculture Land )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Gift Deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Sale Agreement/Deed Review )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Construction Agreement Review )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Agreement of Sale )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Construction Agreement )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Sale deed )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Room Rental Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Office Sharing Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Apartment Rental Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Car Parking Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( House Rental agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Settlement Of Rental Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Commercial Office Rental Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Paying Guest Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Commercial Shop Rental Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Leave And Licence )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Commercial Lease Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( NOC From Landlord )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Residential Lease Agreement )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Encumbrance Certificate )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Khata Extract )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Khata Certificate )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Khata Transfer )
  Packages ( Legal Opinion to Registration (Plot/Site) )
  Packages ( Sale Agreement to Registration (Plot/Site) )
  Packages ( Sale Agreement to Registration (Apartment) )
  Packages ( Legal Opinion to Registration (Apartment) )
  Power of Attorneys ( General Power of Attorney )
  Power of Attorneys ( Special Power of Attorney )
  Power of Attorneys ( Revoke/cancel Power of Attorney )
  Wills ( Make A will )
  Wills ( Make A Codicil )
  Consultation on Property ( Property Selling )
  Consultation on Property ( Property Buying )
  Franking ( Document Franking )
  Notary & Attestation Services ( Get A Document Notarised )
  e-stamp paper ( Get E-stamp paper )

 RERA & Agents

  RERA Consultation ( RERA Consultant )
  RERA Consultation ( RERA Compliance Residential )
  RERA Consultation ( RERA Approved Agent )

 NRI Legal

  Landlord Tenant Disputes ( Landlord Tenant Disputes )
  Property Disputes ( Illegal Transfer of Land And Property )
  Property Disputes ( Illegal occupation of Land and Property )
  Property Disputes ( Illegal Sale of Land And Property )
  Buying Selling of Property in India ( Buying/Selling of Property in India )
  Succession Certificate ( Succession Certificate )
  Power of Attorneys for NRIs ( General Power of Attorney by NRI )
  Power of Attorneys for NRIs ( Special Power of Attorney by NRI )

No Answers Found