5 Years Exp

 General Power of Attorney by NRI (Show More)

 North East Delhi , Amberhai

 View Answers by this Partner (0)

 Profile Views : 5829



Are you staying outside India and having properties or non-property transactions in India? You can not come to India every now and then to complete your transactions? Then you need to entrust someone who stays in India to do that for you on your behalf. In such situations all you need to do is to create a General Power of Attorney (GPA) deed in favour of a sincere and trustworthy person. You need not come to India to create the GPA deed. You can do it from whichever country you are living in. You can also make a Special Power Attorney that deals with ONLY one property or transaction.

How To Make A General Power Of Attorney By NRI

If you are staying outside India and have properties or financial transactions within India, you can give the power to transact and deal with the properties or banking or tax payment etc to any trustworthy and reliable person in India. They can be your close relatives or friends. you should follow the following steps:

    Draft the Power of Attorney deed online or we shall do it for you.
    Get the deed attested by the Indian embassy or consulate in that country. Any Notary from there can also attest it.
    The person making the deed, the Grantor, should sign the deed in all pages.
    This attested deed should be sent to a known person in Indian address by registered post or courier.
    Finally the person to whom the deed is sent should get it registered from the local Sub-Registrar office or Sub-Divisional Magistrate office in India, by paying the appropriate registration charges applicable in that State.

Do you Need a GPA or Special Power of Attorney?

If you want to make a Power of Attorney, you need to first understand whether the power to be given to the Attorney is for general purpose or for any one particular of specific purpose. If you wish to give all the rights for all your properties or all the rights for one property or all rights of banking etc. you should create general power of attorney or commonly termed as GPA.
But if you want to give the power to the Attorney to do any specific act and after the act is done the power comes to an end. This type of power of Attorney is termed as special power of Attorney. Special Power of Attorney is made only for a single task or act.
What Should Be Included in The Power Of Attorney Deed ?

While making the General Power of Attorney from outside India, make sure that your deed includes these details:

    Grantor's Details- The name, age, foreign address, Indian address and occupation of the person making the deed should be mentioned first.
    Attorney's Details- The name, age, address, father's name and occupation of the person in whose favour the deed has been made should be mentioned.
    Reason for the POA- You have to state why you are making this deed and for what purpose. For eg. To buy or sell or rent out your properties in India, since you are staying abroad etc.
    Date of Commencement- You should clearly mention when the POA comes into force.
    Signature- The Grantor has to sign in all the pages and also in the last page

How To Make It Legally Valid ?

To make the Power of Attorney created from any foreign country as legally valid, one has to complete these formalities:

    The Deed has to be made on a plain paper and attested in the Indian Embassy or by a Notary from that country.
    The Grantor should place his/her signature in all pages.
    The deed should be sent by registered post to an Indian address in the name of a known person.
    The person in India to whom the deed is sent should get the deed registered in the Sub-Registrar office in the area where property is situated or the place of residence.

Points to know while making the Power of Attorney

    The person making the deed should be mentally capable of making the deed. A mentally unsound person cannot make a Power of Attorney deed.
    The person living outside India should provide the residential address in the foreign country.
    The deed has to be sent to India to a known person who is mentally capable of getting it registered and enforced.
    Never give the powers to transact with your property to any untrustworthy person. They may misuse the powers and make things miserable for you. Since granting powers to the Attorney means that whatever the Attorney does within the scope of the powers is binding on you, you cannot undo anything that was done by the Attorney within the scope of the powers granted to him.

Name : Rahul

Law Firm Name : S&s BEYOND INFINITY law firm

Country : India

City : North East Delhi

State : DELHI

Practicing Since: 2014

About Your Firm : My law firm is give one of the best service to our client.

Manpower/Employee Details

Sr Employee Associated Sr Employee Enrollment/Reg.No Sr Employee Enrollment/Reg.State
Neha kumari D/5878/17
Jr Employee Associated Jr Employee Enrollment/Reg.No Jr Employee Enrollment/Reg.State

 Legal & Revenue

  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Commercial Property )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Revenue/Other Site )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Plots )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Apartment )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Villas )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Independent House )
  Legal Opinion (Written) ( Agriculture Land )
  Affidavits ( Name & Address Affidavits )
  Affidavits ( Personal Affidavits )
  Affidavits ( Student Affidavits )
  Affidavits ( Gas Affidavits )
  Affidavits ( General Affidavits )
  Affidavits ( Other Affidavits )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Plot/Site Insepction )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( House/Apartment Inspection )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Documents Inspection in Govt Office )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Documents Inspection in Builder Office )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Fraud & forgery Inspection )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Agriculture Land Inspection )
  Property & Documents Inspection ( Industrial / Commercial Inspection )
  Registration Assistance ( Apartment )
  Registration Assistance ( Villas )
  Registration Assistance ( Independent House )
  Registration Assistance ( Agriculture Land )
  Registration Assistance ( Commercial Property )
  Registration Assistance ( Revenue/Other Site )
  Registration Assistance ( Plot )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Sale deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Release Deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Gift Deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Partition Deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Sale Agreement/Deed Review )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Memorandum of Understanding )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Construction Agreement Review )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Joint Development Agreement )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Rectification Deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Relinquishment deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Agreement of Sale )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Mortgage Deed )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Construction Agreement )
  Agreements/Deeds ( Exchange Deed )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( NOC From Landlord )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Commercial Lease Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Other Lease/Rental Agreements )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Residential Lease Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Room Rental Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Office Sharing Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Apartment Rental Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Car Parking Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( House Rental agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Settlement Of Rental Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Commercial Office Rental Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Paying Guest Agreement )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Leave And Licence )
  Lease/Rental Agreements ( Commercial Shop Rental Agreement )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Pahani/RTC )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Mutation )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Encumbrance Certificate )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Electricity Bill Name Transfer )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Khata Extract )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Duplicate/Certified copy of sale deed )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Khata Certificate )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Certified copy of revenue document )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Khata Transfer )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Certified copy of registered GPA/SPA )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Mother Deed Extract )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Certified copy of registered documents )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Copy of Grant Certificate )
  Procure Revenue Documents ( Other Revenue Documents )
  Packages ( Legal Opinion to Registration (Plot/Site) )
  Packages ( Sale Agreement to Registration (Plot/Site) )
  Packages ( Sale Agreement to Registration (Apartment) )
  Packages ( Legal Opinion to Registration (Apartment) )
  Utility/Property Payments ( Property Tax Payment )
  Utility/Property Payments ( Electricity Bill Payment )
  Utility/Property Payments ( Water Bill Payment )
  Power of Attorneys ( Special Power of Attorney )
  Power of Attorneys ( Revoke/cancel Power of Attorney )
  Power of Attorneys ( General Power of Attorney )
  Wills ( Make A will )
  Wills ( Make A Codicil )
  Consultation on Property ( Property Buying )
  Consultation on Property ( Property Selling )
  Construction Approvals ( Residential )
  Construction Approvals ( Commercial )
  Notary & Attestation Services ( Get A Document Notarised )
  Notary & Attestation Services ( Gazetted Officer Attestation )
  Notary & Attestation Services ( Tenant Police Verification )
  Franking ( Document Franking )
  e-stamp paper ( Get E-stamp paper )


  RERA Consultation ( RERA Approved Agent )
  RERA Consultation ( RERA Consultant )
  RERA Consultation ( RERA Compliance Residential )
  Agents - Resdential ( Residential Apartment )
  Agents - Resdential ( Residential Plot )
  Agents - Resdential ( Residential House )
  Agents - Resdential ( Residential Villa )

 NRI Services

  Propert Transfer ( Land and Property Transfer )
  Property Partition ( Partition of Land And Property )
  Landlord Tenant Disputes ( Landlord Tenant Disputes )
  Property Disputes ( Illegal Sale of Land And Property )
  Property Disputes ( Illegal Transfer of Land And Property )
  Property Disputes ( Illegal occupation of Land and Property )
  Buying Selling of Property in India ( Buying/Selling of Property in India )
  Investment/Realestate Claims ( Investment/Realestate Claims )
  Succession Certificate ( Succession Certificate )
  Power of Attorneys for NRIs ( General Power of Attorney by NRI )
  Power of Attorneys for NRIs ( Special Power of Attorney by NRI )

No Answers Found